Yoga is an ancient art that has been used for well over 5,000 years. The knowledge of yoga is one thing, while practicing it is another. The most commonly practiced yoga is the Siri Siri yoga. This is the kind that involves the balancing of the mind, body and soul. Different asanas, or postures are used while doing the yoga. It can be done by people of all ages and has no restrictions.
Many People Who Practice Yoga Experience;
- Better Health – This is due to the effects that yoga has on the body. The body naturally produces antioxidants that aid in healing of various body diseases of all forms. It helps relieve stress, tension and pain in the body. When doing the breathing exercises, the body organs experience high supply of oxygen which makes them work better and more efficiently and hence they are able to work together, better and more harmoniously. Blood flow in the body is well controlled and is sufficiently supplied to every part of the body.
- Maintain And Control Body Weight – Incidentally, Yoga even helps fight obesity and helps lose unwanted weight and control it to. This could be mainly because when doing the different postures requires stretching in different forms. This automatically helps the body lose the extra fat. Next time your body refused to shed off some body fat after working out in the gym, try yoga.
- Inner Peace – Have you ever experienced something like confusion within you and you were told to take time out? The clutter and clung within you can be calmed by meditation. Go to a quiet place and sit. You will get high levels of peace which will get the balance of the mind, body and soul. When these three are in harmony, you are bound to have inner peace. Your behavior changes for the better because you become more patient and thoughtful.
- Psychological Balance – When balance is restored, it calms your mind, you become more focused, improves self confidence, and improves the metabolic activity in the body.
- Personal Outlook – You skin becomes more radiant, and it is also good remedy for anti-aging.
When you experience inner peace, you are able to think better because the mind is ‘quiet’ It is able to work. People who practice yoga have been reported to have bigger brains. This is because the brain gets enough oxygen. After some Yoga sessions, one experiences the high balance and harmony of mind, body and soul. One becomes more relaxed. This can be attributed to the positions of the fingers while in meditation.
There are different kinds of yoga. If you need to do some yoga, it would be good to get it from a professional yoga teacher. Do not rush into doing the complicated body postures. Start off slow and you will gradually get there.
There are many more benefits known from practicing yoga. Meditate, have some peace and quiet. So why not grab that mat and do some yoga. You will definitely enjoy it.